Zinc is a very important mineral which is present in all the cells of the body. These include muscles, bones, testicles, nails, teeth and hair. Supplements are available, but it is also dependent on dietary intake.
When your zinc levels are low, you may experience some of the following symptoms:
- Tiredness, weakness, or exhaustion.
- Loss of body hair, loss of appetite.
- Acne problems, infertility issues,
- Low libido, can develop into erectile dysfunction (ED)
- Prostrate problems can affect the urinary tract.
Symptoms may vary depending on the severity of the zinc deficiency.
The benefits of zinc on your sexuality
Zinc is an important element in the production of enough testosterone for healthy sperm, with good motility, and in extreme numbers.
However, sperm cannot be ejaculated unless it is contained in semen. Adequate zinc levels guarantee:
- Semen of high quality, with very healthy sperm with high mobility, and a good chance of conceiving if you are trying to fall pregnant.
- Zinc plays a key role in fertility levels.
- The link to testosterone helps muscle growth and a stronger immune system.
- Decreases risk of prostate cancer.
- Provides energy and reduces performance anxiety during sexual encounters.
In addition to sexuality, there are other spin-off benefits of good zinc levels:
- Zinc helps sports- people to repair and recover muscle more quickly after physical activity -which guarantees increased performance for the next competitive event.
- It also promotes healing, reduces inflammation, and improves the outer appearance of the skin by reducing marks or signs of acne breakouts.
Research has shown that zinc also improves the state of the mind, thereby helping to combat depressive symptoms.
Foods that help raise zinc levels
Although supplements are available, the best sources are the foods that you eat. Fortunately, a considerable number of foods contain zinc, but the foods of animal origin, have the highest concentration of this important mineral.
Here are some excellent food sources of zinc:
- Liver, lean beef, pork and lamb.
- Poultry such as chicken and duck, as well as eggs.
- Nuts such as peanuts, walnuts, and almonds are rich in zinc.
- Legumes such as peas and beans.
- Leafy green veggies, especially spinach.
- Dark chocolate and cocoa powder.
You obviously do not have to eat all the foods every day, so bear in mind that a supplement can sometimes be a good alternative to foods you may not be able to get. Do not overdose on zinc supplement tablets, as a zinc overload can result in symptoms such as nausea, flu symptoms, or stomach pain, and will not benefit your sexuality.
We can help!
If your libido needs something of a lift, we can help! Herbal Remedies International have taken some potent natural herbal ingredients, and developed excellent formulas to help combat issues of low libido. Our products are safe to take and do not need a doctor’s script.We are here to help you find a safe, natural solution to low libidos, and the problems associated with it. Visit us at www.herbalremedies.co.za to view our awesome range of products, and see how we can help you.