Specific vitamins which improve sexuality
Certain food items are essential to improve sexual life, as they help to increase energy levels and keep the libido jacked up. A good diet in natural foods is also great for overall health and well-being. However, there are specific vitamins that help to enhance performance in bed, boost sex drive, and help to keep erectile dysfunction (ED) at bay.
Here is a list of 5 of the most important:
- Vitamin A: A deficiency of this vitamin can cause a decreased production of sex hormones in both men and women. This may lead to damage to the ovaries in women, and shrinking of the testicles in men. Food sources include carrots, mustard leaves, dried apricots, lettuce, and green vegies.
- Vitamin C: Free radicals, caused by unhealthy eating habits, stress, and cigarette smoke, are molecules which roam through the body, damaging healthy cells and decreasing the levels of nitric acid. Vitamin C helps to get rid of free radicals and keep the levels of nitric acid normal, as low levels are linked to reduced stamina and lower sex drive. Natural sources are citrus fruits, and vegies such as carrots, and marrows.
- Vitamin E: Good blood supply to the genital areas is needed for sexual stamina, a good level of sexual desire and sex drive. This vitamin supports blood circulation to all parts of the body, including the genitals. Excellent sources of vitamin E to incorporate into your diet include green vegies, nuts, tomatoes, mango, kiwi fruit, wheat germ, and vegetable oils.
- Citrulline: This a non-essential amino acid which was first found in watermelon. Natural supplements are perhaps easier to take, and has the same effect. Citrulline is also found in the body, and refreshes the amount of oxygen in the blood, which in turn makes blood circulation better and faster. Studies have shown that citrulline is of major benefit to promote sexual stamina and libido.
- Vitamin B12: This B vitamin is vital for helping to prevent erectile dysfunction – ED. If there is no medical reason, ED is usually the result of a poor blood supply to the penis. Research has suggested that a lack of B12 is closely linked to issues of ED. Vitamin B12 has the ability to reduce inflammation in the body, as well as in the arteries which carry the blood through the system. The blood vessels and arteries to the penis are no exception. If blood flow to the penis is impeded, symptoms such as poor sexual performance, low sex drive, fatigue, performance anxiety, and erectile issues, can easily make an unwelcome appearance. Food sources include lean beef, chicken, low-fat dairy, shellfish, eggs, cheese, liver and lamb. Vitamin B12 has proved to be a powerful, natural way to help prevent ED symptoms, as well as potentially reducing symptoms which may have already occurred.
It is important to note that natural food is always the best way, but if some foods that you prefer are not available – a good quality natural supplement will definitely do the job.
We can help!
If your sex life is at a low, we can help. Herbal Remedies International have take some excellent natural herbal ingredients, and developed potent formulas to combat issues of low libido. Our products are safe to take and do not need a doctor’s script. We are here to help you find a safe, natural solution to low libidos, and the problems associated with it. Visit us at www.herbalremedies.co.za to view our awesome range of products and the issues we cover.