Reasons why you should take care of your diabetes
Taking diabetes lightly can lead to devastating health problems, and perhaps even early death.
Diabetes which is not taken care of can cause harm to almost every system in the body. These can include heart problems, a possible stroke, serious eye issues, kidney problems, and poor circulation to the extremities like the hands and feet.
What is not generally known, and most times not even mentioned by doctors, is the negative impact diabetes can have on sexuality.
If your sexual feelings or sexual responses have changed, it is all too easy to put the blame on stress, depression, age, or out of kilt hormones. However, if you have been diagnosed with diabetes, you may be putting some of the blame in the wrong place. Many of the problems associated with low libido, such as high blood pressure, high blood sugar, poor circulation, and damage to the nerves that stimulate sexual responses, may have their root in diabetes.
Studies have shown that women can lower the risk of diabetes-related sexual problems by effectively controlling blood sugar levels, as well as taking steps to lower blood pressure and cholesterol.
Some sexual problems women with diabetes might experience
Women with diabetic issues may find it difficult to stimulate lubrication, experience orgasm, or even feel sexual desire due to poor blood flow, or nerve damage.
Here are some steps to take to increase pleasure and reduce sexual complications:
- For persistent, uncomfortable vaginal dryness, a water-based lubricant will definitely help.
- Overweight can cause low self-esteem and add to loss of libido. Not all diabetic folk are obese, but if you are, studies have shown that losing weight has helped many women feel better about themselves and sexuality than they did before. If you find it difficult to lose weight on your own, visit a dietician for a healthy eating plan that caters for diabetics.
- Whether you suffer from diabetes or not, stress can greatly inhibit sexual desire. Cut out as much stress as you can from your lifestyle, and learn to handle stresses which are unavoidable to eliminate.
- If you are on medication for diabetes, some of these meds could have possible side effects which can lead to depression. Depression is a libido killer, and the associated meds could only complicate issues, resulting in a vicious circle of even less sexual desire.
- Visit your doctor if you are battling depression and anxiety, as well as low libido – and have been diagnosed with diabetes. Have a frank and open discussion with the doctor about your medications and other issues which may be pertinent to your sexual problem.
The bottom line…
A great many people, both men and women find it very difficult to discuss bedroom issues with others. It may be because of a misplaced sense if pride, embarrassment, or other personal issues. According to sex counsellors, each person handles it in a different way.
However, it is important to share these issues with your doctor, as there may be an underlying medical problem which need to be treated.
The bonus for speaking out might be that you get your sex life back on track!
We can help
If you are greatly troubled by the spectre of low libido or sexual dysfunction, whether it be diabetes-related or not, we can help you.
Herbal Remedies International have taken some of the most potent, natural herbal ingredients, and developed a powerful formula to help combat low libido.
The formulas have been scientifically proven to enhance sexual enjoyment and remedy a lack-of-desire problem. Our products are safe to take and do not require a doctor’s prescription.
For more information about our exceptional products, log onto www.herbalremedies.co.za and see how we can help you.