Improve your chances of getting pregnant
If you are trying to get pregnant, or plan to start trying, the closer you are to a healthy weight, the greater your chances of conceiving will be. Whether you are overweight or ultra-thin, falling pregnant possibilities will be equally difficult.
Some of the ways overweight can affect fertility in women:
- Obesity can cause serious imbalances of the sex hormones estrogen and testosterone.
- Ovulation may be thrown out of sync because obesity can hinder will the egg from being released from the ovaries.
- Obesity may also contribute to irregular menstrual periods due to hormone imbalances.
Getting closer to a healthy weight will dramatically improve conception chances and the birth of a healthy baby. Studies have shown that if women who are obese lose only a small amount of weight, it improves fertility and pregnancy health. It may also lead to a lifestyle change that might help to limit excessive weight gain.
Overweight and fertility in men.
Being very overweight or obese can also reduce a man’s fertility. This is mainly due to a combination of factors such as:
- Hormone problems have resulted in a reduction in sperm count.
- Erection difficulties.
- Other health conditions linked to obesity such high blood pressure, and heart disease.
The good news for men is that weight loss can notably increase total sperm count and improve the quality. Reaching a healthier weight in 3 months can raise the chances of conception, as this is about the length of time it takes to develop healthy sperm.
Underweight and fertility
Being extremely underweight is almost as bad for fertility issues as being obese. A very thin woman may suffer from hormone imbalances which can affect ovulation. Studies have shown, that compared to women who are a healthy weight, seriously underweight women can take up to a year or more to conceive. Experts agree that if you are a woman who is struggling to conceive, because of underweight issues, a dietician will be able to work with you to change your diet, and put on weight.
Men who are very thin, and no matter what they eat, just cannot seem to gain weight. These men may have problems with sperm production and nutritional issues. Being underweight has also been associated with lower testosterone levels, and decreased sperm density.
Lifestyle changes for both men and women who want to conceive.
Tips to attain a healthier weight to help conception take place:
- Follow a healthy balanced diet of vegetables, fruits, whole grain bread and cereals, and plenty of seeds and nuts.
- Focus on dairy products such as milk, yoghurt, and cheese.
- Lean meat cuts, poultry, and eggs.
- Eliminate processed foods like chips, biscuits, rolls, and fast foods, all of which make you put on weight.
- Eat smaller portions and exercise more, setting yourself a realistic weight goal.
Making lifestyle changes will make a big difference to your overall health, whether you are under or overweight. For the best outcomes during pregnancy and beyond, make beneficial changes to your lifestyle that you can carry on through to permanent changes in your lifestyle.
We can help.
If you are trying to fall pregnant and need a boost to your libido, we can help. Herbal Remedies International have taken some excellent herbal ingredients and developed outstanding formulas to help combat issues of low libido and related problems.
Our products are safe to take and do not need a doctor’s script. We are here to help you.