Some ways that sugar lowers libido
If you have a sweet tooth, and love eating sweets, chocolates and other things made out of sugar and flour, you may be killing your sex drive without realising it.
Our hormonal systems are connected to each other, and when one goes out of balance, it is soon followed by others in a sort of domino effect. Heavy smoking, alcohol abuse, exposure to harmful elements in the environment, as well as unmanaged stress. chronic, all play has a role in upsetting the delicate balance of the sex hormones.
However, the major culprit that causes chaos with sex hormones, is undoubtedly high sugar levels which are not under control. The sex hormones, in men and women, namely testosterone and estrogen, are related to healthy blood sugar and insulin levels. High blood sugar can lead to insulin overload and eventually insulin resistance. This prevents the body’s cells from using insulin as it should counteract high sugar, and is a risk factor for diabetes, heart disease, and sexual malfunction.
How high blood sugar can throw sexuality off track
Insulin resistance, which can develop from high sugar, too much sugar can reduce testosterone levels in both men and women, and hinder the functions of sexual well-being.
- This leads to men suffering erectile dysfunction and problems with getting erections.
- Women also need some testosterone for proper sexual functions, especially a healthy libido. Lower T levels will, as in the case of men, impact severely on sexual desire of women.,
- Excessive blood sugar makes you tired, fatigued, and subject to hunger cravings for sweets and starches, all of which completely kills libido.
- Sugar is highly acidic, and together with an imbalance of blood sugar levels, promotes stress and anxiety, which has a negative effect on your sex life, as well as your general health.
- Issues of stress and anxiety may require anti-depressant medications, many of which have side effects which can cause serious sexual problems like erectile dysfunction, where a man may be unable to achieve or maintain an erection. The meds also have a damaging effect on the libido of both men and women.
- The side effects of the antidepressant meds can also present arousal and orgasm problems in women.
If you feel that your hormones, might be out of balance, and if you are diabetic, consider visiting the doctor for some hormonal level tests.
Rebalancing your sex hormones
An excellent, natural way to reset your sex hormones, is to make some easy lifestyle changes. Getting regular exercise always helps with sexual issues, as well as helping to manage stress issues.
A most important lifestyle change you can make is to completely change your eating habits especially if you have a poor diet.
The very worst things to eat, which raises your risk of diabetes, heart disease, cancer and sexual dysfunction, are any foods made from refined sugar and flour. These include anything containing sugar, and refined carbs with no nutritional value, such as rolls, bread, cakes etc.
The food you eat influences your metabolism, and hormonal system. A good diet helps to promote the proper levels of testosterone and estrogen, the imbalance of which can affect your sexuality.
Following a healthy diet on a daily basis, which includes vegetables, fruit, protein, good fats, and cutting out as many refined foods as you can, will help put you on the right path to keeping the balance of your sex hormones in optimal shape.
We can help
If your sexuality, including your libido, needs a lift, we can help.
Herbal Remedies International have taken some potent natural herbal ingredients and developed excellent formulas to combat issues of low sexual desire. Our products also enhance the sexual experience of men and women, are safe to take and do not need a doctor’s script. Visit us at www.herbalremedies.co.za to view our awesome range of products.
We are here to help you.