What’s weight got to do with better sex?
A global problem
Obesity has grown into a major health issue which has assumed massive worldwide proportions, affecting more than a billion people today. Obesity is defined as an excessively high amount of body fat in relation to lean body tissue. Research has also noted that more women than men are obese. Obesity is a high global risk for serious illnesses such as diabetes, heart disease, certain cancers, and even eventual disability – to name but a few. However, studies have also shown that obesity can be the result of many adverse sexual problems.
Losing weight is no easy matter, but if issues in your sex life are becoming difficult to handle, there is always hope that things can return to normal.
How too much weight hampers your sex life. There are certain physical and medical conditions related to obesity, such as high cholesterol, blocked arteries, and poor blood flow that can also affect libido. Psychologists have reported that up to 30% of obese people seeking help controlling their weight, have indicated that there are also problems with sex drive, desire, or performance. Experts agree that these sexual issues can be linked to physical conditions that co-exist with obesity.
Here are some of the medical conditions that can affect your sexuality:
- High cholesterol can impact sexual performance, by impeding the blood flow to the genitals. The penis has many tiny arteries which may shut down when there is a poor blood flow, and erectile dysfunction may result. An erection may be difficult, or even impossible.
- Studies have indicated that a poor blood flow to a woman’s vaginal area, can lead to a drop in desire, a lack of vaginal lubrication, as well as a low response to sexual advances.
- The more body fat you have, the higher the levels of a natural sex hormone binding globulin or SHBG, will be. This hormone binds to testosterone (making it less effective) and the more testosterone that it is bound to, the less T there is to stimulate desire.
- Unbalanced hormones like testosterone and estrogen, also have a lot to do with libido problems.
Obesity often leads to a poor body image which can cause obese people to feel so overly self-conscious about how they look, that sexual desire is often completely inhibited. Body-image experts agree that if you are worrying about how you look, and fretting about this bulge or that bulge, it may be very difficult to enjoy any moments of a sexual encounter – either for you or your partner. Psychologists maintain that if you have very negative feelings about your body image, it may be time to make a plan and work towards lifting your self-esteem, and restoring your self-confidence.
Here are some simple lifestyle changes that can help:
- Emotional issues experts agree that losing as little 10kg can often free up testosterone and almost immediately give a boost to your libido.
- Making healthy, permanent diet changes like following a low-fat diet, eating plenty of fruit and vegetables, and training yourself to eat smaller portions, will help to lift your self-esteem, and feel much better about yourself.
- With the correct diet, cholesterol can reduce, and blood flow in the body improved, including the genital areas.
- Make the effort, and your sexuality may surprise you and begin to thrive in the body you have.
We can help!
If you need some help to boost your libido – we can help. Herbal Remedies International have taken some potent herbal ingredients and developed excellent formulas to help combat issues of low libido. Our products are safe to take, do not need a doctor’s script, and also work to enhance the sexual experience of both men and women. For more information visit us at www.herbalremedies.co.za to view our awesome range of products and see the numerous issues we cover. We are here to help you find a safe, natural solution to low libidos and the related problems.