What is low libido?
Low libido is a term used to describe a low sex drive and a decreased interest in sexual activity. Studies have shown that libido levels vary throughout life, so it is not unusual to lose interest in sex from time to time. Low libido happens to a lot of men and is more common than you may think. In fact, research has shown that one in five men have libido problems, but because many men feel it shows a lack of virility, very few want to talk about it.
Just as other human body functions vary, so too does the intensity of the sex drive. This is normal if it is only for a short time, but if it persists for a long period of time, you may begin to worry. Low libido can sometimes indicate an underlying health reason which may need attention.
Low libido can be scary
When men suffer a loss of sex drive, it makes them fearful because it seems that their masculinity is under threat. This distressing situation can often lead to stress in marriage and romantic relationships.
Low libido does not happen suddenly. You do not wake up one morning and discover that your sex drive has blown away in the wind. It is usually a gradual process that is not always easy to define. Researchers agree that if your interest in sex wanes steadily over a period of several months, a real problem with low libido may be present.
The good news is that low libido can be successfully treated, and the sooner the root of the problem is established, the sooner the issues can be dealt with.
Here are some potential causes for low libido in men:
Depression and anxiety can have a negative impact on various areas of your life. Activities that you once found enjoyable, including sex, may no longer interest you. This can affect your libido.
- Certain medications can lower testosterone levels, and result in low libido. These may include blood pressure medication and anti-depressant drugs.
- Chronic illnesses such as diabetes, high blood pressure, alcohol abuse, and some cancers are all known to have detrimental effects on sexual desire.
- Poor lifestyle habits such as a lack of exercise, a bad diet, and excessive smoking, all have the potential to add to a low libido problem.
- Psychological issues such as low self-esteem a lack of self-confidence, and relationship difficulties, may also contribute to a low sex drive.
A major culprit is the issue of low T. Testosterone is an important male hormone that is produced in the testicles. It is responsible for the development of all male sexual characteristics. Although decreasing testosterone is a natural part of ageing, an extreme drop of this hormone will have a drastic effect on your libido. A simple blood test by the doctor will pinpoint any medical problems.
What treatment options are there for low libido?
There are natural treatments available which you can employ. Embracing a healthy lifestyle, and following a healthy diet is a must.
- Get regular exercise and enough sleep. A lack of exercise and poor sleep have a harmful effect on the whole system, which can also affect libido.
- Drop the fat if you are obese or overweight. Obesity can lower testosterone, which in turn can lower libido.
- Supplements such as vitamin D are important in the treatment of a low sex drive.
- Reduce alcohol intake. Alcohol is a depressant and excessive drinking slows the body systems, and can seriously reduce sexual responses.
- Visit a counsellor to help deal with any psychological or emotional issues.
Lifestyle changes would appear to be the strongest natural option to help lift your libido – if of course, there are no underlying health issues that need to be treated.
We can help
If you want to boost your libido – we can help.
Herbal Remedies International have taken some of the most potent natural herbs and developed formulas to combat low libido. They are also excellent to enhance the sexual experience of both men and women. Our products are safe to take and do not need a doctor’s script.
To view our awesome range of products visit us at www.herbalremedies.co.za
We are here to help you.