Emotions Can Affect a Woman’s Sexuality
It is complicated!
There are many issues that can keep a woman from enjoying sex. These issues include physical and emotional factors, each playing a part in promoting a measure of sexual dysfunction.
Physical factors can include a lack of sexual desire, an inability to become aroused, painful intercourse, medical problems, and hormonal imbalances. Psychological, or emotional factors, can include work-related stress, anxiety, depression, possible concerns about relationship problems, or even past sexual trauma.
Research has shown that psychological causes far outweigh physical reasons, but the good news is that female sexual dysfunction is treatable, whether emotional or physical. Studies have also established a connection between psychological hassles and some physical issues.
Women are emotional creatures by nature, and a woman’s sexual response involves both the body and the mind.
Here are some psychological and emotional issues which may impede sexual desire:
- A poor body image is a real problem for some women, and if a partner has made careless remarks about certain body attributes which have hurt, the offended partner may easily lose sexual desire for fear of being embarrassed or hurt.
- Some spouses withhold sex as a weapon to punish each other, and this nasty method of punishment may lead to a build-up of resentment, which puts a strain on the relationship and the sexual encounters.
- A cheating spouse is an obvious marriage destroyer. Along with sexual satisfaction, trust is a vital part of a happy marriage.
- If a partner cheats, trust is often broken down and can take a long time to build up again. Emotions tend to run wild during stressful times, and a complete shut-down of sex may occur.
- Baggage from the past, such as religious issues, or a very strict upbringing, may have created a mindset of guilt and shame, making it difficult to experience the full joy of sex. These mixed messages could have caused you to suppress any sexual feelings and thoughts that came into your mind.
- Low self-esteem is another culprit. If you don’t think much of yourself, it affects your ability to enjoy sex, and the lack of confidence will keep you from discussing what your needs are with your partner.
Psychological hassles can be worked on if both partners are willing, and communicate well with each other. Counselling sessions with an experienced sex therapist may need to be scheduled to help iron out issues that you might not be able to resolve on your own.
For you to fully enjoy sex, your body needs to be ready – mentally, emotionally, and physically.
We can help!
If your emotions have been getting the better of you and your libido has taken strain – we can help. Herbal Remedies International have taken some potent natural herbs and developed powerful formulas to combat low libido issues, as well as enhance the sexual experience of women and men.
Visit us at www.herbalremedies.co.za to view our awesome range of products and see how we can help you.
Our products are safe to take and do not need a doctor’s script.