A hug can reveal a lot about how you might feel about another person. Hugging someone we care for also makes one feel good, but there are other physical benefits as well. Research scientists have discovered that when you hug a friend or loved one, more of the hormone oxytocin releases into the bloodstream.
Oxytocin is also known as the love hormone for the feelings of love or pleasure it promotes. Studies have shown that this hormone is also excellent in lowering blood pressure, reducing stress and anxiety, and has been found to improve memory function.
Some marvellous health benefits of hugging!
Research shows that a friendly hug can benefit your health in the following ways:
- A hug with someone familiar builds a sense of trust and safety.
- Hugging can instantly raise oxytocin levels, which will heal feelings of loneliness, isolation, and anger.
- Hugging can reduce depression, and is critical for your emotional well-being. Feeling good emotionally also helps to raise and release the hormone serotonin, which is a mood-enhancer, and acts as a natural antidepressant.
- Hugging is essential for healthy emotional and physical development. Babies, and even pets, who do not enjoy the benefits of frequent human touch, will not thrive if human touch is withheld.
- Because of the release of oxytocin into the bloodstream, hugging plays a role in keeping stress levels, anxiety, and blood pressure under control, contributing to a lower risk of heart disease.
- Study results also showed that oxytocin has analgesic effects, leading to a reduction in pain intensity. A firm hug stimulates oxytocin release which will improve blood circulation, promote blood flow to the soft tissues, relax tense muscles, and help combat pain.
This demonstrates that hugs are powerful health boosters that you can access every day.
Partners in a romantic relationship, know well just how problems can quickly arise. Research has suggested that those who are used to hugging each other, should continue to do so. Your problems, be they sexual, emotional, or just general disagreements, may be resolved much sooner when oxytocin, the feel-good hormone, is released into the bloodstream. Hugging spreads love and warmth, but note that you should not rush up to just anyone and start hugging – you could land up in a heap of harassment trouble! Keep to the guidelines and keep hugging, it is something you can do – and benefit from the experience each day.
We can help
If you are concerned about a lack of libido, we can help. Herbal Remedies International have taken some potent natural herbal ingredients and developed powerful formulas to help combat issues of low libido. Our products are safe to take, do not need a doctor’s script, and also work to enhance the sexual experience of men and women.
Visit us at www.herbalremedies.co.za to view our awesome range of products and the numerous issues we cover.
We are here to help you find a safe, natural solution to low libido and the problems associated with it.