Do you know what you are doing with your health?
Staying healthy as you age is a serious business. Sadly, most men are not that interested, and many consider it boring to keep focusing on health. If testosterone levels are good, and the love action can go on, little attention is given by them to their lifestyles. A visit to the doctor could result in some bad news regarding your state of health. The doctor may also have given some actionable advice. If put into practice, this can go a long way to giving you peace of mind, and remove a death-threat which seemed to be unexpectedly hanging over your head. A simple plan such as eating right, exercising effectively, and managing your weight is a great way to start.
Here are some lifestyle tips for men over 50
If you are over 50, or even over 60, you can still be as fit and active as younger guys. You will, however, have to work at it a bit harder than they do.
- Eat a healthy diet, and stay at a healthy weight.
- Get plenty of exercise, even if it is only walking the dog.
- Give up smoking, as it is a high risk for heart and stroke events.
- Cut down on alcohol consumption. Experts recommend no more than 2 or 3 drinks per day.
- Go for regular check-ups. If you are basically healthy, once a year is okay, unless you have worrying symptoms.
- Following these guidelines can help men age in continued good health, and reduce the risk of many diseases common in older men. These include heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes. Even if you have not looked after your health – it is never too late to start making some good choices. A healthy diet should include fruit, all types of vegetables, whole grains, lean meat and chicken, fish, and eggs. Low-fat, or fat-free, dairy products, are also good sources of protein.
Experts agree that the best way to improve heart health and muscle strength is to plan some sort of an exercise regime. For example, walking, biking and swimming, are all aerobic exercises, which gets the heart pumping. Strength training involves using weights to build up and strengthen muscles. Most gyms have weight machines which are excellent to use for building up muscles. Both types of exercises are recommended. If you have not been very active in the past, have a chat with your doctor before starting any exercise plans. It is also important to choose an exercise you really enjoy.
Health tests and screenings for men over 50
Screenings and tests look for diseases in the early stages, before symptoms actually develop.
Here are some screenings important for men over 50:
- Signs of high blood pressure, a very dangerous condition.
- Cholesterol test, as high cholesterol is a risk for heart disease and a stroke.
- Prostate should be tested for PSA levels, especially if you have difficulty urinating, or with erectile dysfunction issues. Science has shown that there is a connection between men’s health and sexuality. This is especially when a man is over 50.
- Medical science has agreed that all men should be screened for colon cancer every 5 years from age 45 onwards.
- Early detection saves lives, especially if colon and prostate cancer are diagnosed in the early stages.
We can help!
If your sexuality has taken a beating as you age – we can help. Herbal Remedies International have taken some powerful natural herbs, and developed excellent formulas to help combat low libido and the issues associated with it. Our products are safe to take, and do not need a doctor’s script. We are here to help you restore your sexuality to optimal condition. Visit us at www.herbalremdies.co.za to view our awesome range of products and see how we can help you.