How normal is your sex drive?
Everyone’s sex drive differs. However studies have shown that men think about sex more often than women do, and some men will actually also go out of their way to get sex.
Of course, not everyone will agree with this idea, and many folk have questions about the facts of sex drive in general. This led to surveys being conducted to give people some of the answers they may be looking for.
Some facts relating to sex drive according to survey reports:
- Married couples in the age group of 20 to 26 admitted to having sex up to 4 times per week.
- About 50% of married couples aged between 30 and 60 may only have sex 3 to 5 times per month. This is actually higher than most single folk, or people with partners who are not married.
- Medically speaking, there is no evidence that birth control meds lower a woman’s sex drive. In fact, there are women who have reported that contraceptives have actually boosted their libido.
- A global study from 5 different countries, which included couples with no dysfunctional sexual problems, revealed that the average time of intercourse is only 6 minutes. This does not include foreplay, only the actual act. It appears that people spend more time thinking about sex, talking about sex, and worrying about sex, than the sexual act itself.
- While conducting studies, researchers stumbled on the fact that sexual interest in men and women seemed to alter with the seasons, more so in the spring and summer times, when there is a lot of light. A study confirmed this idea by showing that men and women who sat in bright lights, and even the sun, for 30 minutes per day, reported that they definitely had more interest in sexual desire.
- There has always been a school of thought that red wine can boost the libido. Yes, red wine can boost libido, and it is the same for men and women. But if you over-indulge, it can have the opposite effect, especially in men. Alcohol abuse is the leading cause of impotence and other sexual problems, so to keep your libido in top form, keep a firm hand on your alcohol intake if you are planning a sexual encounter.
These facts and figures may help you to figure out whether or not your sex drive is normal or not. Ultimately it is not wise to compare yourself with anyone else, as there is no normal for individual sex drive figures. It all depends on what you feel is right for you or for you and your partner.
We can help
If you have serious concerns about your sex drive or libido, we can help!
HERBAL REMEDIES INTERNATIONAL have taken some of the most potent natural herbs and developed a formula which has been proved to enhance the sexual performance of men and women and combat low libido issues. Our products are safe to take and do not need a doctor’s prescription. Visit us at www.herbalremedies.co.za to view the awesome range of products and see how we can help you.