Keeping Fit: How Yoga and Pilates Exercises Can Improve Your Sex Life
We’ve posted this article before but it’s always good to be reminded! Changing to a healthy and fit lifestyle can lead to positive changes in libido and sexual experience.
Every couple goes through stages in which everyday stresses negatively affect female libido or male performance in the bedroom; sometimes so much so that being intimate seems like more of a chore than anything else. However, new studies suggest that yoga and Pilates are actually fantastic ways to alleviate stress and tension, as well as improve one’s sex life.
Much research has gone into this topic, resulting in a surge of couples signing up for classes at their local gyms and community centres. The list below showcases some of the top reasons discovered behind yoga and Pilates being a means to improve one’s sex life:
- Pilates and yoga increase your physical stamina. This means that, what previously seemed like a lot of effort is now something that you, as a couple, will find longevity and excitement in. Because of the amount of control that needs to be exercised during yoga, for example, the muscles that one uses while being intimate will become more accustomed to a slow release instead of a quick fix.
- Yoga and Pilates increase flexibility for both men and women. Increased flexibility allows for more creativity and excitement in the bedroom, spicing things up and keeping sex exhilarating.
- Using yoga and Pilates as means of exercise means that you can focus your attention and become more present in the bedroom. While erectile dysfunction pills may stimulate physical arousal, the improved sense of intimacy that you will begin to feel as a result of your focused attention will improve your sex life on an emotional level as well.
- Any form of exercise will increase one’s blood flow. However, controlled, focus exercise increases blood flow even more rapidly. This is why yoga and Pilates prove to be even more effective than regular exercise when it comes to improving bedroom activities. The increased blood flow to the pelvic area will result in a higher sex drive in men and higher libidos in women.
- Overall, Pilates and yoga will decrease stress significantly. This will automatically improve your sex life, as daily inhibitions caused by things such as stress and fatigue will be eliminated.
While almost every working day may be a stressful one, there is no need for this to affect the physical relationship you have with your partner. There are ways and means to combat any difficulties that may arise in this area, with yoga and Pilates proving to be forerunners as solutions to those everyday problems that prevent you from having the best sex life you can.