Yes there is!
Studies have shown that many mature couples have a more rewarding love life than they had in their younger days. The reasons for this include a deeper intimacy between partners, fewer distractions, no worries about pregnancies, and more time to spend together. However, as you reach the age of 50 or so, some issues may arise which could put a temporary damper on your love life.
Here are issues and solutions you might have to cope with along the way:
- Hormonal changes. Sex hormones take a dive from the age of 50, and with it will go some sexual desire – or libido. Women begin to have lower levels of estrogen, while men will have lower levels of testosterone. The drop in these hormones does not mean the death of your sex life, as medical intervention can put you back on the right track.
- Over time, if you have diabetes, it can wreak havoc on your sexual function as you near the 60 age mark. Poor blood sugar control can damage the nerves and blood vessels that supply the sex organs, which need a good blood flow to operate effectively. Women with this condition may have less feeling in their genitals, and sometimes suffer yeast infections which makes it unpleasant to have sex. Men with diabetes could develop erectile dysfunction from poor blood sugar control. The good news is that these issues can be easily and successfully treated by your doctor if he is consulted before they get out of hand.
- Difference in libido. In later life, couples often clash about their sex drive. For women, a drop in estrogen levels, bowel or bladder problems, and cystitis, definitely affect sexual desire. Men who have erectile dysfunction or other problems like prostate issues, are reluctant to talk about their problems. A frank, open discussion by both partners about their feelings and needs, will go a long way to help remedy the problems.
- Changing partners. Life today offers longer and better health benefits. The digital age has presented more ways to meet people, such as online dating sites for older adults. But you need to take care who you associate with, and always practise safe sex by means of a condom, which is the best protection against sexually transmitted infections. If you carelessly pick one up, over 60 or not, it could drastically affect your future sex life.
- Look after your health. Issues like obesity, bladder control problems, high blood pressure, and side effects from certain medications, can easily bring down the curtain on your sex life if you don’t get treatment.
- Different ways. You do not always need intercourse to be sexy and loving. Intimacy includes hugging, kissing, caressing, and manual stimulation. Any intimate expression can make your life full and satisfying, even if the actual sexual act is not possible. Your relationship can still remain close and loving.
The benefits of sex
You may wonder if it is really worth bothering about sex after 60. Studies have shown that the benefits of sex are many. Here are some of them: sex boosts your immune system, helps to lower blood pressure, helps you to relax, burns calories, improves blood flow, keeps your mind sharp, and your partner close.
We can help
If you are battling with your libido, we can help. Herbal Remedies International have taken some of the most potent natural herbs and developed formulas to enhance the sexual experience of men and women, and also combat issues of low libido.
Our products are safe to take, and when used as directed, are extremely successful. To view our awesome range of products, and see how we can help you, visit us at www.herbalremedies.co.za for more info.