Guys – beware of high estrogen levels
Men also need estrogen
Although estrogen is essentially a female hormone, men also manufacture a certain amount of estrogen, which does have certain important health benefits. Estrogen in men is needed for making sure that testosterone levels do not get too high, and is also necessary for several brain functions, cholesterol control, as well as sexual function – libido in particular.
If your hormones are at the correct levels, testosterone and estrogen are usually maintained in the correct balance, keeping everything normal in your life, especially your libido and sexuality. When the hormones go awry, estrogen levels may increase, while testosterone levels tend to decrease, leading to an unbalanced hormonal cycle. Unfortunately, signs of high estrogen in men, are very similar to those of low testosterone, and if there is any doubt in your mind, the best way to be certain is to have a hormone blood test.
Some symptoms of high estrogen in men
Here is what high estrogen can do in men
- Decreased erectile function, combined with low libido.
- Enlarged breast tissue that is very noticeable, sometimes known as “man boobs.”
- Possible benign enlarged prostate gland which may lead to urinary tract hassles.
- More abdominal fat which won’t seem to go away.
- Fatigue and depression.
- A higher risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Raised risk of cardiovascular problems.
However, with regard to erectile or sexual dysfunction, high estrogen levels may not be the only reason. Have the doctor check you out for underlying medical reasons if you battle with erections.
What causes high estrogen symptoms in men?
Some of the factors include:
- Estrogen is manufactured in fat tissue, and the fatter you are, especially round the middle, the more estrogen is made and pumped into your system.
- Advancing age is associated with an increase in a certain enzyme which is known to convert testosterone to estrogen. An oversupply of this enzyme may potentially lead to higher than normal estrogen in older men.
- Certain foodstuff, like meat, chicken, and dairy, have often been genetically modified with synthetic estrogen, and put an extra load the body to process these chemical products.
- Plastic goods contain xeno-estrogens (false chemical estrogens) added during the manufacturing process, which are absorbed by the body. It is almost impossible to avoid all the products which contain xeno-estrogens, but try to use a lunchbox which is not plastic, and never store food in plastic containers. Cutting down on plastic use will cut down some of the estrogen going into the system.
A lack of regular exercise and a poor diet can also add to hormonal imbalances. Also, soya products are high in estrogen and should be avoided at all costs.
What you can do about it naturally
- Eat organic produce as often as you can, as farmer’s often spray crops with a substance which is known to raise estrogen levels.
- Meat is okay to eat as it helps with testosterone levels, but eat in moderation if you know that it has been genetically modified.
- If possible, opt for meat from animals which have been grass-fed.
- The bad news is that beer has the potential to raise estrogen levels. There is evidence in the sight of many a beer-lover’s large belly.
A glass of red wine, will have the opposite effect, and may even help to get rid of some of the belly fat.
We can help
If you are feeling the effects of too much estrogen in your system, and your sexuality is taking strain – we can help restore your libido.
Herbal Remedies International have taken some of the most potent natural herbal ingredients, which have been scientifically proven to enhance men’s sexual performance, and developed a powerful formula to help combat low libido.
Our products are safe to take and do not need a doctor’s prescription.
Remember, we are here to help you!
For more information about our exceptional range of products, visit us at www.herbalremedies.co.za and see how we help you.