A complexity of issues
There are many factors that can keep a woman from enjoying sex. Physical factors include a lack of sexual desire, an inability to become aroused, painful intercourse, medical problems, and hormonal imbalances.
Psychological, or emotional factors, can include work-related stress, anxiety, depression, possible concerns about relationship problems, or even past sexual trauma.
Research has shown that psychological causes far outweigh physical reasons, but the good news is that female sexual dysfunctional is treatable, whether emotional or physical. Studies have also established a connection between psychological and some physical issues.
Some psychological and emotional causes for a woman’s lack of sexual desire
A woman’s sexual response involves both the body and the mind, so emotions play a big role in sexual satisfaction.
Here are some psychological issues which may impede sexual desire:
- A poor, or negative body image is a real problem for some women, and if a partner has made thoughtless remarks about certain body attributes which have caused embarrassment or hurt, it is a real killer of sexual desire in the offended partner.
- Some spouses withhold sex as weapon to punish each other, and this sneaky method of punishment may lead to a build-up of resentment, which puts a strain on the relationship, and a breakdown of the sexual relationship.
- A cheating spouse is an obvious marriage destroyer. Sexual satisfaction is a vital part of a healthy marriage, and so is trust. If a partner cheats, trust is often broken down, and can take a long time to build up again. Emotions tend to run wild during stressful times, and a complete shut-down of sex may occur, at least until some relationship healing has taken place.
- Baggage from the past may have created a mindset of guilt and shame, making it difficult to experience the full joy of sex. Uninformed parents could have given you the idea that girls were not supposed to want sex, or heaven forbid, actually enjoy it. The premise behind it was that if females enjoyed sexual activities, it might lead to promiscuity, and sullied reputations. These mixed messages could have caused you to suppress any sexual feelings and thoughts that came into your mind.
- Low self-esteem is another culprit. If you don’t think much of yourself, it affects your ability to enjoy sex, and the lack of confidence will keep you from discussing what your needs are with your partner.
Psychological hassles can be worked on if both partners are willing, and communicate well with each other. Counselling sessions with an experienced sex therapist may need to be scheduled to help iron out issues that you might not be able to resolve on your own.
Can sex actually destroy a marriage?
The answer to that is a resounding YES it can! Problems in the bedroom can lead to unbelievable levels of dissatisfaction, and have led to the collapse of countless marriages.
In some marriages, a breakdown in sexual relationship can signify a deeper problem such as hidden feelings of anger, lack of trust, resentment, and a lack of intimacy with each other. Talk to your partner about the concerns and problems you may be having, pay a visit to the doctor to deal with any medical problems, and consult a professional therapist who specialises in sexuality issues, to guide you through the emotional issues.
For you to fully enjoy sex, your body needs to be ready – mentally, emotionally, physically, and biologically.
A good marriage, or relationship, has 3 distinct parts which must connect for success. These are an emotional connection, a mental connection, and a sexual connection. Without the intertwining connections of all 3, your relationship may struggle to survive in times of stress.
We can help make your bedroom dreams come true
Everyone, men and women alike, want a rewarding and enjoyable sex life, but if the passion is not there, such encounters could be difficult to achieve.
Natural healing therapies can help support you when you are dealing with psychological issues, or going through counselling sessions. Our powerful, natural, safe herbal remedies, have been scientifically proven to boost female libido, as well as improve your hormonal balance, and restore lacking sexuality.
For more information about our extensive, highly recommended range of products, visit us at www.herbalremedies.co.za and find out how we can help you.