Ladies – Have your bedroom basics been suffering due to a low sex drive?
There could be a variety of reasons for low sex drive – some more serious than others – but studies have shown that certain vitamins help to lift sexual desire. Research has also indicated that birth control pills, tend to lower testosterone levels in some women, testosterone which is needed for good libido. Other prescription drugs such as those for stress and anxiety, also have a role in lowering sexual desire.
There are, of course, many treatments available to treat low libido, but most of these consist of chemical drugs and hormone replacement therapy. These too, have side effects, and today, many women are opting to follow a natural route, and make some lifestyle changes.
The best vitamins and minerals to add some pep to your libido
Adding some of these vitamins and minerals to your diet will definitely help your sexuality:
- Vitamin E. Also known as the sex vitamin is excellent for blood flow to all parts of the body and is especially good for the genital areas. It also plays a part in regulating your sex hormones so that your libido gets a boost. Vitamin E has anti-ageing properties which help to keep you fit and energetic. Foods high in E include egg yolk, sweet potato, spinach, asparagus, broccoli, and tomatoes.
- Vitamin A. Good levels of vitamin A promote female sex hormone production and help to maintain regular reproduction cycles. Apricots, cabbage, carrots, green veggies, peppers, and tomatoes, are all good sources of vitamin A.
- This mineral assists in the production of both estrogen and testosterone that affect your libido. Remember that women also need a small amount of testosterone for sexual desire. Bouts of anxiety that may stop you from having an orgasm, will also benefit from magnesium as it is high in calming and relaxing properties. Foods include rice, wheat, oat bran, various nuts, pickles, cocoa powder, and molasses.
- Vitamin C. This vitamin helps hormones like testosterone, estrogen, and progesterone, interact with each other which helps you to get sexually aroused. Vitamin C is also an immune booster, helping to fight off infections. Citrus fruits, strawberries, melons, grapes, peppers, melons and green veggies, are the best sources of vitamin C.
- Vitamin B6. This vitamin is very important for women, especially those who are pre-menopausal. It regulates the production of estrogen, testosterone, estrogen, and red blood cells. Healthy doses of B6 can be obtained from bananas, avocados, baked potatoes, cottage cheese and tomatoes.
- Vitamin B3. Also known as niacin, B3 promotes a quicker, faster blood flow, and also helps the adrenal glands produce sex hormones. Food sources include brown rice, nuts, peanuts, cashews, and sun-dried tomatoes.
If you add regular exercise to this mix, and healthy lifestyle habits such as less drinking or smoking, your sexuality should naturally stay on course. Note that it may be difficult to always find suitable, natural foods for your diet. Fortunately, supplements made from natural ingredients will also help to boost your libido.
We can help
If your libido needs a boost, we can help. Herbal Remedies International have taken some potent natural herbs and developed excellent formulas to combat issues of low libido. Our products are safe to take and do not need a doctor’s script. The sexual experience is also enhanced of both men and women. Visit us at www.herbalremedies.co.za to view our awesome range of products, and see how we can help you.