What is sexual health?
Sexual health is defined as a state of physical, emotional, mental, and social well-being with regard to sexuality. It is very much more than just the absence of diseases such as HIV, Aids, and sexually transmitted infections – STI’s. It is also more than issues with erectile dysfunction and low libido problems.
Complete sexual health requires a positive approach to sexuality, a respectful approach to sexual relationships, as well as the possibility of having safe and pleasurable sexual experiences.
True sexual health is also promoted by the clinical advice to always practise safe sex, which helps to prevent STI’s and unwanted pregnancy. This is especially important if you have more than one sexual partner.
Protecting your sexual health at all times is your own personal responsibility. However, should you fall prey to a STI or a pregnancy, it does not prevent you from becoming and being sexually healthy.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Another aspect of sexual health is to have respect for all relationships whether it be bisexual, gay, straight, or lesbian. No matter what your orientation may be, always respect your partner and the way you interact with each other during sex.
- If you believe that you are attractive and have a well-toned body, allow your self-esteem to increase so that you glow with confidence. This is the mental side of sexual health which may sometimes need a boost.
- Both partners in a relationship, no matter how clean the bill of health may be, must ensure that safe sex is always practised – the best way to prevent any nasty surprises.
The core of every relationship is wired to enjoy satisfying, safe sexual encounters, free of fear from any sort of emotional or physical contamination.
The benefits of true sexual health
Sexual health has also been described as the ability to fearlessly embrace your sexuality, and enjoy the satisfaction and pleasures of sexual encounters whenever they occur. It is a very important part of your general physical and emotional health.
Here is what sexual health can mean to you:
- Understanding and accepting that sexuality is a natural part of life and involves more than just physical sexual behaviour.
- Respecting the sexual rights we all share in spite of different orientations.
- Having access to sexual health information, up-to-date education, and care in times of problems like STI infections.
- Motivation to always make an effort by using condoms to practise safe sex to prevent STI infections, as well as taking no chances regarding unwanted pregnancy.
- Encourage you to seek medical care and treatment if something goes wrong.
- Being willing and able to speak about sexual health without embarrassment to your sexual partners, therapists, and healthcare experts if necessary.
- Give you the confidence to experience sexual pleasure, satisfaction, and intimacy in your relationship.
Of all the conditions that people face in their personal lives, sexual problems are the most personal. In most cases, most folk are reluctant to talk about any hassles, and often allow problems to go on and on, having a negative impact on overall sexual health. Some of the difficulties may not be inevitable, but almost all are not permanent, as there are now many modern treatments available that provide proven successes which can keep your sexual health in good physical nick.
We can help!
If you have had an attack on your sexual health which has left your libido in a bit of a lurch – we can help!
Herbal Remedies International have taken some of the most potent natural herb ingredients, which have been scientifically proven to enhance the sexual experience of both men and women, and developed a powerful formula to help combat low libido.
When used as directed, excellent results can be achieved, which will give you the confidence that your libido is being restored.
Our products are safe to use and do not a doctor’s prescription.
Visit www.herbalremedies.co.za to view our amazing range of products and see how we can help you.