You may be one of many who are!
Do you feel so self-conscious about your body that it is affecting your sex life?
Researchers have noted that mental health experts have dubbed this condition “appearance anxiety” which affects countless men and women in the bedroom.
If you feel you are just not sexy enough to please your partner, you may be entertaining a poor body image, which is linked to low self-esteem. A woman may be overly concerned about her breast size, while a man may have feelings of inadequacy because he believes his penis is too small, or his tummy too large.
Being over self-conscious and dissatisfied about your appearance can seriously reduce your enjoyment of your sex life.
Some symptoms of appearance anxiety:
- Do you want the lights turned off so your partner can’t see your body?
- Are you wanting to partly cover your body with clothing, lights off, and hope that your partner does not see your worrisome areas?
- Do you often try and avoid sex, or put it off for no good reason?
- Do you believe that will enjoy sex much more if you looked better naked?
If you are experiencing some of the above feelings during your sexual encounters, then the chances are you have a definite problem with your body image, which can potentially harm your relationships.
The good news
The reflection in the mirror is not really your body image. There are many other qualities that make up the real you. It is also what you think and feels about yourself as a person which is important. What you see in the mirror, may probably be very different to what your partner sees. If your partner feels that you are beautiful and sexy, just believe it and move on.
Get a new mindset and drop the “I don’t look good” baggage.
How you can help improve your body image
If you want to do body maintenance to lose some weight, or maybe tighten up some muscles, get busy. But set realistic expectations to achieve this. Remember that these things can take time.
- Start feeling good about yourself, and bear in mind that absolutely nobody, even the best-built or glamourous, is perfect.
- Being confident in your body is given a boost when you are confident in the person you are on the inside.
- Make positive affirmations regularly that you may indeed not be perfect, but that you are more than okay, which will help to build your self-esteem.
These are ways to build your self-confidence and create a new mindset to change what is possible to change. You may not be able to trade your body in for a great new one, but you can definitely boost how you feel about your body image.
We can help!
If your libido has been a bit flat lately, and you are taking strain in the bedroom, we can help you.
HERBAL REMEDIES INTERNATIONAL have taken some of the most potent natural herb ingredients, and developed some excellent formulas to enhance the sexual performance of both men and women, and combat low libido.
Our products have proven successful, are safe to take and do not need a doctor’s prescription.
If you want to put enjoyment back into your sex life, visit us at www.herbalremedies.co.za to find out more about our amazing products – We are here to help you!